HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
Canberra’s most flexible
First Aid training
Express Online is the quickest and most streamlined training method on the market. Students save time by completing knowledge tasks online and in their own time. All first aid courses have a practical element so you still need to attend a face-to-face session to complete your training but the amount of time you need to spend in class is less than half that of a conventional First Aid course.
With a push towards online and distance learning it is difficult to find traditional in-class courses. Our face-to-face first aid courses are still our most popular, possibly because people still yearn for the hands-on comprehensive training and support that can come from a face-to-face course. Unlike other so-called face-to-face courses, there are no hidden online assessments or tasks.
HLTAID011 Provide First Aid (new code)
(Includes HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation and HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support)
Provide First Aid covers all bases, addressing key first aid procedures and protocols for CPR, anaphylaxis, asthma, envenomation, strokes, burns and much more. All first aid management techniques are taught in line with Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines.
Get nationally recognised training from locally renowned trainers with The First Aid Course Canberra
Workplace or Group Bookings
If you need to train a group, workplace or corporate team, we can help. Our dedicated trainers can come to your site or workplace to complete same-day first aid training en masse. To book or form more information, contact email@example.com
Other First Aid Course Names:
Senior First Aid
First Aid Refresher
Apply First Aid
First Aid update course
Awarded Units of Competency
HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support
HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
First Aid Course Near Me
We have state-of-the art first aid training centres in more than a dozen locations across Canberra. All our locations are accessible by public transport, have ample parking and boast the highest quality amenities, facilities and first aid training resources.
The First Aid Course Canberra Training Requirements
To give yourself the best chance of success you should:
Accredited First Aid Training Canberra
Service with a smile is what you can expect from The First Aid Course Canberra. Our trainers and support staff work hard to ensure your First Aid training experience is a pleasant one and exceeds expectations in every way, from online or phone enrolment, all the way through to certificate issue.
It is a big reason why our satisfaction rates are so high and the majority of our students return to complete a subsequent First Aid course with us.
2020 Student Satisfaction Survey: 16,000 respondents Overall Satisfaction Rate: 98.5%
HLTAID011 Provide First Aid (new code)
The First Aid Course Canberra is your most established and trusted local First Aid training provider. We have been providing nationally accredited, industry recognised and certified First Aid training for a number of years.
Our training facilities are of the highest quality and are strategically positioned right across the Canberra and greater Australian Capital Territory area so finding a course to suit you is simple. We run First Aid courses every day of the week, almost every week of the year across Canberra and throughout the ACT. We deliver industry renowned and leading training from our pristine First Aid training centres in Ainslie, Barton, Canberra, Curtin, Dickson, Kingston, Narrabundah, Phillip, Queanbeyan, Red Hill, Sutton and Woden. If you are looking for corporate or group training, we can even travel to you. Our team of professional corporate, workplace and group First Aid trainers are fully equipped to deliver all-inclusive First Aid training to you, your group or corporate team wherever you are. Locations in Canberra and the ACT we deliver training to include Capital Hill, Deakin, Duntroon, Harman, Parkes, Russell, Yarralumla, Acton, Black Mountain, Downer, Hackett, Lyneham, O’Connor, Watson, Forrest, Griffith, Manuka, Causeway, Garran, Hughes, Chifley, Lyons, O’Malley, Swinger Hill, Farrer, Isaacs, Mawson, Pearce, Torrens, Fyshwick, Pialligo, Symonston, Belconnen, Holt, Gungahlin, Mitchell, Kowen and surrounds. We even supply all the First Aid training equipment, resources and material you need.
First Aid Course Canbera is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO: 40407) certified by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) to provide nationally recognised, certified and accredited First Aid training to the Canberra and ACT community. You can be sure that the First Aid training you receive from First Aid Course Canberra is up to code and compliant with all major first aid and vocational training organisations and industry bodies.
Our First Aid, Basic Emergency Life Support (BELS), Childcare First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) courses meet Australian Resuscitation Council’s (ARC) Australian and New Zealand Committee on Resuscitation (ANZCOR) First Aid guidelines. Guidelines include ANZCOR Guideline 7 – Automated External Defibrillation (AED) ANZCOR Guideline Section 9.4 – Envenomation, ANZCOR Guideline 2 – Managing an Emergency, , ANZCOR Guideline 4 – Airway, ANZCOR Guideline 8 – Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), ANZCOR Guideline Section 9.3 – Environment, ANZCOR Guideline 6 – Compressions, in Basic Life Support (BELS), , ANZCOR Guideline Section 9.1 – Trauma, ANZCOR Guideline 5 – Breathing, ANZCOR Guideline Section 9.2 – Medical, ANZCOR Guideline 3 – Recognition and First Aid Management of the Unconscious Person, ANZCOR Guideline Section 9.5 – Poisoning.
You can enrol in a First Aid course with the First Aid Course Canberra by speaking on the phone with our friendly customer service team on 08 8382 4677, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or booking directly online. Our business hours are 8:30am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
All online bookings are made though eWay and are securely processed. No personal or confidential information or payment details are kept. Any student completing an accredited qualification or unit of competency in Australia is required by law to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). To find yours or create one for yourself you can visit usi.gov.au.
First Aid Course Canberra has First Aid Courses running every day of the week. To register for an upcoming course near you visit our course calendar or email or call our team today.
In these unprecedented times, we want you to know that we understand and sympathize with the stress and strain COVID-19 has put on your life. That is why we have taken steps to make sure all of our facilities are equipped with infection control measures. If you feel unwell or experience any symptoms, please contact us immediately, and we will reschedule your training email@example.com.
When you complete a First Aid Pro training program, you will not only leave with exceptional first aid, CPR knowledge and skills, but you will also receive a fully accredited CPR certificate. After successfully finishing your HLTAID011 Provide First Aid course, you can expect to receive your certification on the same day or within 24 hours of completion (T&C) Certificate Terms & Conditions
After Successful Completion of the CPR Course, you will receive a Nationally Accredited Certificate Issued by First Aid Pro (RTO:40407)
- How to perform CPR on adults and infants
- How to operate an AED (Automated External Defibrillator)
- First Aid response for bleeding, burns and fractures
- Management of medical emergencies such as heart attacks, strokes, asthma, anaphylaxis, seizures, diabetes and febrile convulsions
- Management of medical emergencies such as snake/spider bites, poisons and choking
- Identification and management of hyperthermia (heat stroke) and Hypothermia, heat exhaustion and dehydration
- Assessing and moving a sick or injured person
- Control of infectious diseases
- Legal responsibilities of a first aider
When a person suffers a heart attack or some other injury, the administration of HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation can drastically improve their chance of survival and making a full recovery. CPR is one of the most important life-saving procedures in first aid training, which is why HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation is one of First Aid Pro Canberra’s most popular courses available.
First Aid Pro Canberra runs HLTAID011 Provide First Aid courses 7 days a week, please check the course calendar for times and locations. Or talk to us to book workplace training where we come to you.
Your USI is a unique number that you can use to identify yourself when you enrol in a Nationally Registered training course. If you have completed a formal study since 2015, it is likely that you may already have one. It’s free and takes less than 5 minutes! To create a USI or search the USI Registry if you have forgotten yours click HERE.
- performed at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor
- performed at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR (5 cycles both compressions and ventilations) on an infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface
- responded appropriately in the event of regurgitation or vomiting
- managed the unconscious breathing casualty
- followed single rescue procedure, including the demonstration of a rotation of operators with minimal interruptions to compressions
- followed the prompts of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Responded to at least one simulated first aid scenario contextualised to the candidate’s workplace/community setting, including:
- demonstrated safe manual handling techniques
- provided an accurate verbal or written report of the incident
The candidate will demonstrate essential knowledge required to effectively complete tasks outlined in criteria of this unit, manage tasks and manage contingencies in the context of the work role. This includes knowledge of:
- State/Territory regulations, first aid codes of practice and workplace procedures including:
- ARC Guidelines relevant to the provision of CPR
- safe work practices to minimise risks and potential hazards
- infection control principles and procedures, including use of standard precautions
- requirements for currency of skill and knowledge
- Legal, workplace and community considerations, including:
- awareness of potential need for stress-management techniques and available support following an emergency situation
- duty of care requirements
- respectful behaviour towards a casualty
- own skills and limitations
- privacy and confidentiality requirements
- importance of debriefing
- Considerations when providing CPR, including:
- airway obstruction due to body position
- appropriate duration and cessation of CPR
- appropriate use of an AED
- chain of survival
- standard precautions
- Basic anatomy and physiology relating to:
- how to recognise a person is not breathing normally
- upper airway and effect of positional change
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an education and care setting
- HLTAID013 Provide First Aid in remote or isolated site
- HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid
- HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy
- HLTAID016 Manage first aid services and resources
All our First Aid Courses are delivered according to the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines and in accordance with Safe Work Australia recommendations.
First Aid Pro, First Aid Course Endorsements