HLTAID014 – Provide Advanced First Aid
Canberra’s most flexible
First Aid training
FirstAidPro Canberra’s HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid course is practical, hands-on, and thoroughly interactive. Our trainers have years of real-world experience and are on hand to provide assistance during the course. We work hard to provide a fully supportive training experience where each participant has an opportunity to practice skills and get the help they need. Students are free to ask questions throughout the course, meaning they can benefit from our trainer’s considerable expertise as they learn and practice their skills.
Our Advanced First Aid training covers the full content of the more basic Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation and Provide First Aid courses, but also adds additional content. These extra topics include things like crushing injuries, life-threatening blood loss, ear and abdominal injuries and providing first aid to the elderly.
HLTAID014 is the new HLTAID006
(Includes HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation), HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support, & HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
The HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid course (previously known as HLTAID006) is one of the most complete and comprehensive first aid qualifications currently on the Australian market. The course covers an extensive range of accidents, illnesses and medical conditions, including many not covered in standard first aid.
The course is suitable for medical professionals and members of the general public – the Advanced title refers to how much is covered by the course – not how hard it is to understand.
Workplace or Group Bookings
If you need to train a group, workplace or corporate team, we can help. Our dedicated trainers can come to your site or workplace to complete same-day first aid training. To book or form more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Other First Aid Course Names:
HLTAID006 – Provide advanced first aid
HLTFA412A – Apply advanced first aid
HLTFA402C – Apply advanced first aid
HLTFA402B – Apply advanced first aid
Awarded Units of Competency
HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
HLTAID010 – Provide basic emergency life support
HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid
HLTAID014 – Provide Advanced First Aid
First Aid Course Near Me
We have state-of-the art first aid training centres in more than a dozen locations across Canberra. All our locations are accessible by public transport, have ample parking and boast the highest quality amenities, facilities and first aid training resources.
In order to qualify for the HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid training course, you must meet the following standards:
Accredited First Aid Training Canberra
Service with a smile is what you can expect from The First Aid Course Canberra. Our trainers and support staff work hard to ensure your First Aid training experience is a pleasant one and exceeds expectations in every way, from online or phone enrolment, all the way through to certificate issue.
It is a big reason why our satisfaction rates are so high and the majority of our students return to complete a subsequent First Aid course with us.
2020 Student Satisfaction Survey: 16,000 respondents Overall Satisfaction Rate: 98.5%
HLTAID014 – Provide Advanced First Aid
The First Aid Course Canberra is your most established and trusted local first aid training provider. We have been providing nationally recognised and accredited first aid training for many years.
Our training facilities are of the highest quality. Strategically positioned across the Canberra and greater Australian Capital Territory area, it is simple to find a course to suit you. We run first aid courses every day, almost every week of the year across Canberra and throughout the ACT. We deliver industry-renowned training from our pristine first aid training centres.
If you’re looking for corporate or group training, we can travel to you. Our team of professional corporate, workplace and group first aid trainers deliver all-inclusive first aid training to you, your group or the corporate team wherever you are. We even supply all the first aid training equipment, resources and material you need. For more information, give us a call on (08) 8382 4677.
First Aid Course Canberra is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO: 40407) certified by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) to provide nationally recognised, certified and accredited first aid training to Canberra and the ACT communities. You can be sure that the first aid training you receive from First Aid Course Canberra is up to code and compliant with all significant first aid and vocational training organisations and industry bodies.
Our Provide Advanced First Aid course conforms to the Australian Resuscitation Council’s (ARC) Australian and New Zealand Committee on Resuscitation (ANZCOR) First Aid guidelines.
You can enrol in a first aid course with the First Aid Course Canberra by speaking on the phone with our friendly customer service team on (08) 8382 4677, emailing email@example.com or booking directly online. Our business hours are 8:30 am to 5:30 pm Monday thru Friday (excluding public holidays).
All online bookings are made through eWay and are securely processed. We don’t store any personal or confidential information or payment details. Any student completing an accredited qualification or unit of competency in Australia needs to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). To find yours or create one for yourself, you can visit usi.gov.au. It’s a fast and simple process.
First Aid Course Canberra has First Aid Courses running every day of the week. To register for an upcoming course near you, visit our course calendar or email or call our team today.
For FirstAidPro, the health and safety of our participants is one of our top priorities. For this reason, we’re careful to ensure that all our training follows best practice procedures when it comes to Covid-19 safety measures – including PPE (such as masks and gloves), social distancing, and sign in sheets.
In addition, we ask any participants who are unwell or showing any flu-like symptoms not to attend. Simply contact us on or soon after the training and we can reschedule your training at no extra cost.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (previously HLTAID001)
- HLTAID010 – Provide basic emergency life support (BELS) (previously HLTAID002)
- HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid (previously HLTAID003)
- HLTAID014 – Provide Advanced First Aid (previously HLTAID006)
- Digital Statement of Attainment
- Course Booking fees
Completing our Advanced First Aid course will include four nationally recognised certificates – listed above – and comprehensive first aid skills to assist with a vast range of medical emergencies, both large and small. Once your course is complete, this certification should be available within 24 hours (generally on the same day) and can be downloaded from our online portal at any time. For more details, you can look through our (T&C) Certificate Terms & Conditions
FirstAidPro is a recognised Australian RTO (#40407), meaning your certificates are fully accredited and accepted in any professional context where first aid training is required.
FirstAidPro’s Advanced First Aid training covers a large range of material, with a healthy mix of theory and practice. Some of the different topics covered as part of the training include:
- Taking and assessing vital signs, including normal clinical values (respiration, temperature, pulse, level of consciousness)
- Secondary assessments
- Basic triage processes
- First aid procedures for the aged, elderly or infirms
- First aid procedures for major and minor workplace accidents
- First aid procedures for children
- Use of ancillary first aid equipment and coordination of resources
- Advanced first aid management for abdominal injuries
- Allergic reaction
- Non-life-threatening bleeding
- Life-threatening bleeding
- Cardiac conditions, including chest pain
- Advanced first aid management for childbirth
- Crush injuries
- Ear injuries, including bleeding from the ear
- Eye injuries
- Head injuries
- Neck injuries
- Spinal injuries
- Minor wounds
- Sharps injuries
- Substance misuse
- First aider and rescuer mental well-being and support (Mental Health)
The training also involves various assessments and interactive elements, including:
- A pre-course quiz covering key content from the Advanced First Aid Learner Guide provided in the lead up to the course (the course will build on this knowledge).
- Interactive, multimedia presentations on the first aid topics covered by the course
- A multiple-choice assessment on the topics covered by this presentation
- Trainer feedback on the results of the assessment
- Detailed demonstrations by the trainer on using key first aid equipment and performing techniques and skills used in first aid.
- Trainer led practise using first aid equipment and applying learned skills and knowledge, including question time.
- Practical assessment in the form of role plays, observations, written and verbal incident reports, and class debriefs.
As part of the training, you’ll be assessed on both your understanding of the course content and your grasp of the practical skills involved. To successfully complete the HLTAID014 course, you’ll need to show you have the knowledge and skills to providing first aid in the following scenarios:
- An unconscious, non-breathing adult and child (CPR, AED, 2 rescuer CPR)
- A regurgitating or vomiting unconscious adult and child (recovery position)
- An unconscious, non-breathing infant (CPR)
- An unconscious, breathing infant (open airway)
- A casualty with anaphylaxis (ASCIA Emergency Action Plan, Epipen)
- A casualty with asthma (ASCIA Emergency Action Plan, inhaler, spacer device)
- A casualty with non-life-threatening bleeding (bandage dressing)
- A casualty in shock (reassuring them, monitoring body temperature)
- A casualty who is choking (back blows, chest thrusts)
- A casualty who has been bitten by a snake (Pressure Immobilisation Technique)
- A casualty with a fractured arm (bandage, sling)
- A casualty with a dislocated shoulder (cold compress)
- A casualty with a sprained ankle (RICER)
- A casualty with a nosebleed (apply pressure, lean forward)
- A casualty with life-threatening bleeding (tourniquet, haemostatic dressing)
- A casualty with an unknown condition (Secondary assessment, DRSABCD)
- 2 casualties with simultaneous unknown conditions (Basic triage, coordination of resources, secondary assessment, DRSABCD)
In addition to the above, you’ll need to show competency in the following related tasks:
- Identifying when to provide first aid
- Following DRSABCD protocol (Danger, Response, Send for help, Airway, Breathing, CPR and Defibrillation)
- Completing incident reports
- Performing a handover to emergency services
When a person suffers a heart attack or some other injury, the administration of HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation can drastically improve their chance of survival and making a full recovery. CPR is one of the most important life-saving procedures in first aid training, which is why HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation is one of First Aid Pro Canberra’s most popular courses available and included in this course.
The HLTAID014 course is run as a single full-day seminar. The class runs for around six hours. This generally takes place between 9am and 3pm, but these times may vary depending on the date and venue in question. Check the course calendar to get the most up-to-date information on course dates and times.
Your USI is a unique number that you can use to identify yourself when you enrol in a Nationally Registered training course. If you have completed a formal study since 2015, likely, you may already have one. It’s free and takes less than 5 minutes! To create a USI or search the USI Registry, if you have forgotten yours, click HERE.
The candidate will demonstrate essential knowledge required to effectively complete tasks outlined in criteria of this unit, manage tasks and manage contingencies in the context of the work role. This includes knowledge of:
- State/Territory regulations, first aid codes of practice and workplace procedures including:
- ARC Guidelines relevant to the provision of CPR
- safe work practices to minimise risks and potential hazards
- infection control principles and procedures, including use of standard precautions
- requirements for currency of skill and knowledge
- Legal, workplace and community considerations, including:
- awareness of potential need for stress-management techniques and available support following an emergency situation
- duty of care requirements
- respectful behaviour towards a casualty
- own skills and limitations
- privacy and confidentiality requirements
- importance of debriefing
- Considerations when providing CPR, including:
- airway obstruction due to body position
- appropriate duration and cessation of CPR
- appropriate use of an AED
- chain of survival
- standard precautions
- Basic anatomy and physiology relating to:
- how to recognise a person is not breathing normally
- upper airway and effect of positional change
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an education and care setting
- HLTAID013 Provide First Aid in remote or isolated site
- HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid
- HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy
- HLTAID016 Manage first aid services and resources
All our first aid courses are delivered according to the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines and in accordance with Safe Work Australia recommendations.
FirstAidPro, first aid course endorsements