HLTAID015 – Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy
Canberra’s most flexible
First Aid training
Most of the training we offer at First Aid Courses Canberra is hands-on, and you shouldn’t expect any different from our Advanced Resuscitation and Oxygen Therapy course. We strive to create a comfortable learning experience with a first aid trainer to offer full support to each student for the entirety of the class. We design our courses to guarantee that each student has the time to ask as many questions as necessary and practise the tasks presented to them until they feel they have them mastered.
This course covers:
- CPR (Cardiopulmonary resuscitation)
- AED use (Automated external defibrillator)
- Assessing vital signs (respiration, pulse, oxygen saturation)
- Basic airway adjuncts
- The “Five Rights”
- Safe administration of oxygen (legal requirements, correct use, cleaning, sterilisation and storage of oxygen equipment)
HLTAID015 is the new HLTAID007
(Includes HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation)
Previously known as HLTAID007 Provide advanced resuscitation, HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy is the newest version of this course. The new curriculum has been put together with health specialists who need oxygen therapy education to perform their job duties in mind.
HLTAID015 is not for beginners. It’s an advanced course, and you’ll need a fair amount of first aid experience before enrolling in this class. Anyone planning to register must first complete an HLTAID011 Provide First Aid course, as the material covered and abilities learnt in HLTAID011 will be needed in HLTAID015.
Workplace or Group Bookings
If you need to train a group, workplace or corporate team, we can help. Our dedicated trainers can come to your site or workplace to complete same-day first aid training. To book or form more information, contact email@example.com
Other First Aid Course Names:
HLTAID007- Provide advanced resuscitation
Awarded Units of Competency
+HLTAID015- Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy (previously HLTAID007) +HLTAID009- Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (previously HLTAID001)
First Aid Course Near Me
We have state-of-the art first aid training centres in more than a dozen locations across Canberra. All our locations are accessible by public transport, have ample parking and boast the highest quality amenities, facilities and first aid training resources.
In order to qualify for the HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy training course, you must meet the following standards:
Accredited First Aid Training Canberra
Service with a smile is what you can expect from The First Aid Course Canberra. Our trainers and support staff work hard to ensure your First Aid training experience is a pleasant one and exceeds expectations in every way, from online or phone enrolment, all the way through to certificate issue.
It is a big reason why our satisfaction rates are so high and the majority of our students return to complete a subsequent First Aid course with us.
2020 Student Satisfaction Survey: 16,000 respondents Overall Satisfaction Rate: 98.5%
HLTAID015- Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy
The First Aid Course Canberra is your most established and trusted local first aid training provider. We have been providing nationally recognised and accredited first aid training for many years.
Our training facilities are of the highest quality. Strategically positioned across the Canberra and greater Australian Capital Territory area, it is simple to find a course to suit you. We run first aid courses every day, almost every week of the year across Canberra and throughout the ACT. We deliver industry-renowned training from our pristine first aid training centres.
If you’re looking for corporate or group training, we can travel to you. Our team of professional corporate, workplace and group first aid trainers deliver all-inclusive first aid training to you, your group or the corporate team wherever you are. We even supply all the first aid training equipment, resources and material you need. For more information, give us a call on (08) 8382 4677.
First Aid Course Canberra is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO: 40407) certified by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) to provide nationally recognised, certified and accredited first aid training to Canberra and the ACT communities. You can be sure that the first aid training you receive from First Aid Course Canberra is up to code and compliant with all significant first aid and vocational training organisations and industry bodies.
Our Provide Advanced Resuscitation and Oxygen Therapy course meet the Australian Resuscitation Council’s (ARC) Australian and New Zealand Committee on Resuscitation (ANZCOR) First Aid guidelines.
You can enrol in a first aid course with the First Aid Course Canberra by speaking on the phone with our friendly customer service team on (08) 8382 4677, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or booking directly online. Our business hours are 8:30 am to 5:30 pm Monday thru Friday (excluding public holidays).
All online bookings are made through eWay and are securely processed. We don’t store any personal or confidential information or payment details. Any student completing an accredited qualification or unit of competency in Australia needs to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). To find yours or create one for yourself, you can visit usi.gov.au. It’s a fast and simple process.
First Aid Course Canberra has First Aid Courses running every day of the week. To register for an upcoming course near you, visit our course calendar or email or call our team today.
In these unprecedented times, the health and safety of our participants is FirstAidPro’s top priority. All our facilities have implemented infection control measures to do their part in curbing the spread of COVID-19. We ask participants who are feeling unwell or experiencing any symptoms to contact us and reschedule their training for another date (at no additional cost). If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.
- HLTAID015- Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy (previously HLTAID007)
- HLTAID009- Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (previously HLTAID001)
- Digital Statement of Attainment
- Course Booking fees
When you complete a First Aid Course Canberra training program, you will not only leave with exceptional first aid, CPR knowledge and skills, but you will also receive a fully accredited certificate. After successfully finishing your course, you can expect to receive your certification on the same day or within 24 hours of completion (T&C) Certificate Terms & Conditions
After Successful Completion of the CPR Course, you will receive a Nationally Accredited Certificate Issued by FirstAidPro (RTO:40407)
There is a lot of material covered during the Advanced Resuscitation and Oxygen Therapy course. To successfully finish the training, you must prove complete understanding of the following:
- Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines
- Safe Work Australia Code of Practice
- Incident hazard and risk minimisation processes
- Infection control procedures
- Safe work practices for oxygen equipment and cylinders
- Workplace or site first aid procedures
- First aid kit contents
- Education and Care Services National Law
- State Education and Care Services Regulations
- First aider Duty of Care requirements
- First aider requirements for the currency of skill and knowledge
- First aider skill and knowledge limitations
- First aid parent/guardian consent
- First aid privacy and confidentiality requirements
- Stress management techniques and available support for rescuers and children
- The effect of positional change during CPR
- The appropriate duration, hand placement, compression/ventilation cycles and cessation of CPR
- AED use on children (Automated External Defibrillator)
- AED safety and maintenance procedures
- Chain of survival
- Accessing and handing over to emergency services
- Assessing the level of consciousness for infants and children
- Fundamental anatomical differences and first aid considerations between infants, children and adults
- Using suction devices
- Benefits, contraindications and complications of a basic airway adjunct
- Assessing and interpreting vital signs
- Typical clinical values (respiration, pulse, oxygen saturation)
- Identification of signs and symptoms and first aid management for life-threatening-bleeding
- When oxygen is beneficial
- When you should not use oxygen
- Benefits, contraindications and complications of providing oxygen
- Benefits, contraindications and complications of suctions
- Selecting and using various oxygen mask types and other oxygen therapy devices
- Cleaning, maintaining, troubleshooting and storing different resuscitation and oxygen equipment
- Safe use, storage and disposal of consumables
- First aider and rescuer mental well-being and support
You must also demonstrate the practical skills you’ve learnt by being able to provide first aid to:
- A currently unconscious adult who is not breathing (CPR, AED, two-rescuer CPR, oxygen ventilation)
- An unconscious adult who is regurgitating or vomiting (recovery position)
- An unconscious child who is not breathing (CPR)
- A casualty with blood loss of a life-threatening nature (tourniquet, haemostatic dressing)
- A casualty requiring supplementary oxygen (Assess vitals, provide oxygen)
You must also be capable of completing the following:
- Identifying when to provide first aid
- Following DRSABCD protocol (Danger, Response, Send for help, Airway, Breathing, CPR and Defibrillation)
- Completing incident reports
- Performing a handover to emergency services
- Selecting appropriate resuscitation and oxygen equipment, and then cleaning, fixing and store it after use.
When a person suffers a heart attack or some other injury, the administration of HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation can drastically improve their chance of survival and making a full recovery. CPR is one of the most important life-saving procedures in first aid training, which is why HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation is one of First Aid Pro Canberra’s most popular courses available and included in this course.
Your USI is a unique number that you can use to identify yourself when you enrol in a Nationally Registered training course. If you have completed a formal study since 2015, likely, you may already have one. It’s free and takes less than 5 minutes! To create a USI or search the USI Registry, if you have forgotten yours, click HERE.
The candidate will demonstrate essential knowledge required to effectively complete tasks outlined in criteria of this unit, manage tasks and manage contingencies in the context of the work role. This includes knowledge of:
- State/Territory regulations, first aid codes of practice and workplace procedures including:
- ARC Guidelines relevant to the provision of CPR
- safe work practices to minimise risks and potential hazards
- infection control principles and procedures, including use of standard precautions
- requirements for currency of skill and knowledge
- Legal, workplace and community considerations, including:
- awareness of potential need for stress-management techniques and available support following an emergency situation
- duty of care requirements
- respectful behaviour towards a casualty
- own skills and limitations
- privacy and confidentiality requirements
- importance of debriefing
- Considerations when providing CPR, including:
- airway obstruction due to body position
- appropriate duration and cessation of CPR
- appropriate use of an AED
- chain of survival
- standard precautions
- Basic anatomy and physiology relating to:
- how to recognise a person is not breathing normally
- upper airway and effect of positional change
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an education and care setting
- HLTAID013 Provide First Aid in remote or isolated site
- HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid
- HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy
- HLTAID016 Manage first aid services and resources
All our first aid courses are delivered according to the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines and in accordance with Safe Work Australia recommendations.
FirstAidPro, first aid course endorsements